Sunday, July 18, 2010

just what i wasn't looking for.

I met the Jamaican two months ago. On paper, he's all wrong:

- He's 3 years younger than me. I alway date my age or older. (the 23 year old b-bar hookup doesn't count as dating!)
- He lives in - gasp - Brooklyn. with a roommate.
- He's a paralegal and I think a secret romantic. Polar opposite of the last few I've actually dated, not just played with: overachievers with graduate degrees, Audis, and commitment issues.

We clicked pretty much instantly and it's gotten better every time we're together. I'm not even going to go into the sex, but it's insane. Maybe the best I've ever had, all things considered. (FYI ladies, the thing about hitting our sexual prime in our 30s is no joke.) I've even spent a few nights in Brooklyn and actually liked it.

So...I'm not sure if this is just one of those things triggered by amazing sex, or if it's real, but I think I'm a little bit in like with this one. He's even met some of my friends and been referred to by his real name, not just "the Jamaican". (With my girlfriends, this is major. We always use monikers, real names are reserved for seriously special occasions.)

I wasn't looking for this at all, and I'm not really sure how to react, but I've gotta admit I kind of like it. I'm actually even debating stopping seeing other people. OK, fine, if I'm being honest, I haven't gone out with or touched or really even thought about anyone else in over a month.

And I'm hanging out in Brooklyn and liking it. Whatttt is happening in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment